Saturday, October 15, 2011

Places I Wish to Visit Before I Die (Part I)

Posted by Miss Vannutz at 4:02 AM
Since I was very young, I've been into geography thing. What I enjoy the most about learning this subject is that it lets you know about the world. I still remember I had to memorize names of countries, their locations on the map, capitals, national anthems, currencies, official languages and everything. While other kids hated this task so much, I didn't. Seriously, I enjoy getting to know about other countries. Through this interest, I happen to know more about some places in this world - I mean the most wonderful and adorable ones. I wish upon a star that someday I would be able to visit them.........Here are my dreamlands in random:

Macchu Picchu, Peru

I prefer to visit places which combine the natural beauty and historical heritage. Macchu Picchu appeals me so much in this case. It is a fortress city of ancient Incas, located 2000 feet above the rumbling Urubamba River in Cuzco. This pre-Columbian ruins offer you an extraordinary beautiful setting.


Göreme Valley, Turkey 

Another remarkable God's creation. This spectacular rock sites is the most famous sight in Turkey's Cappadocia region. You can find painted cave-churches there and other rocks carved and decorated with elaborate Byzantine frescoes. I saw this place for the first time on a RPG entitled 'Shadow Hearts II: Covenant'. This place was very unique and I thought it was just imaginary. Later, I found it does exist on earth and I like it so much. I hope one day I would be flying in that hot-air balloon below...



Santorini, Greece

Santorini is essentially what remains of an enormous volcanic explosion dated back 3,600 years. The mild activity of the volcano after this major eruption has built up two small islands within the caldera, Palea and Nea Kameni visited by hundreds of people everyday during the tourist season. Volcanic landscape, gray and red beaches, dazzling white houses, terraces with panoramic sea views , stunning sunsets, wild fun, all blend in there. I guess this place would be perfect for couples :)




Florence and Venice, Italy

Old cities always have a magical attraction for me. As I stated that I like historical places, Florence and Venice would be in my dream places list. Florence is like 'the craddle of Renaissance'. Florence's museums, palaces, and churches house are some of the greatest artistic treasures in the world. Meanwhile, Venice is undoubtedly famous for its lovely atmosphere - a Venetian lagoon held together by a series of canals . It has such a romantic charm which will make people wanna come there so badly.




Iguaçu Falls, Brazil-Argentina

If I manage to visit Brazil or Argentina, I will not miss this place. This waterfall is taller than Niagara and I guess more beautiful (as far as I just compare the pictures :p) Undoubtedly, Iguaçu is one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. See its picture and tell me what do you think...

0 comments:

 

Miss Vannutz Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review

Red Beanie Shivering Kaoani